[Mimedefang] Re: wrong fname for attachment blocked

Stephane Lentz Stephane.Lentz at ansf.alcatel.fr
Mon Aug 26 18:00:01 EDT 2002

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 11:45:29PM +0200, Stephane Lentz wrote:
> The message http://mutt.free.fr/ENTIRE_MESSAGE gets rejected correctly
> by Mimedefang. However the fname value is not correct.
>
> mimedefang.pl -structure  < /var/spool/MD-Quarantine/qdir-2002-08-26-22.53.07-001/ENTIRE_MESSAGE
> non-leaf: type=multipart/mixed; fname=; disp=inline
>     leaf: type=text/html; fname=; disp=inline
>     leaf: type=application/octet-stream; fname=2002Bears.doc
>
> The whitespaces and the ending  .scr gets removed from fname.
> I don't mind for the whitespaces but in my log I was surprised to see
> some .doc rejected .... After some investigation I found out I was some
> .doc.scr .

=> I should have payed more attention : the fname is correctly set.
The messages take several lines and I had some problems with the
terminal wrapping.

MIMEDefang[22694]: reject From: <charlie.mcfadden at ntlworld.com> To:
<serval at angel.gotdns.org> Reason: application/octet-stream  name=2002Bears.doc

.scr

Sorry for the false alarm ... Not enough coffee today ....

> BTW, talking about MIME, any news from the MIME::tools authors ?
> Any progress on the new version planned ?

=> I hope someday we'lll see a new version to deal with illegal
MIME encoded messages.

regards,

SL/
---
Stephane Lentz / Alcanet International - Internet Services