[Mimedefang] wrong fname for attachment blocked

Stephane Lentz Stephane.Lentz at ansf.alcatel.fr
Mon Aug 26 17:46:01 EDT 2002

The message http://mutt.free.fr/ENTIRE_MESSAGE gets rejected correctly
by Mimedefang. However the fname value is not correct.

mimedefang.pl -structure  < /var/spool/MD-Quarantine/qdir-2002-08-26-22.53.07-001/ENTIRE_MESSAGE
non-leaf: type=multipart/mixed; fname=; disp=inline
    leaf: type=text/html; fname=; disp=inline
    leaf: type=application/octet-stream; fname=2002Bears.doc

The whitespaces and the ending  .scr gets removed from fname.
I don't mind for the whitespaces but in my log I was surprised to see
some .doc rejected .... After some investigation I found out I was some
.doc.scr .

BTW, talking about MIME, any news from the MIME::tools authors ?
Any progress on the new version planned ?

Regards,

SL/
---
Stephane Lentz / Alcanet International - Internet Services