[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.16 vs. SpamAssassin 2.31

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Aug 6 10:58:01 EDT 2002

On 6 Aug 2002, Fred Bacon wrote:

> I'm attempting to upgrade the software on our company mail server.  I
> have installed sendmail 8.12.5 and mimedefang 2.16.  If I attempt to
> install spamassassin 2.31, then no spam is caught.

Check the permissions of the files in /usr/share/spamassassin (or
wherever SA puts its rules files.)  If you have a restrictive umask,
they can get installed non-world-readable, and SpamAssassin fails.

If that doesn't fix it, try MIMEDefang 2.17-BETA-1:

http://www.roaringpenguin.com/mimedefang/mimedefang-2.17-BETA-1.tar.gz

I know many people (including myself) who use MD 2.16 with SpamAssassin 2.31
without problems.