[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.16 vs. SpamAssassin 2.31

Fred Bacon bacon at aerodyne.com
Tue Aug 6 10:38:01 EDT 2002

Hi,

I'm attempting to upgrade the software on our company mail server.  I
have installed sendmail 8.12.5 and mimedefang 2.16.  If I attempt to
install spamassassin 2.31, then no spam is caught.  However,
spamassassin 2.20 works fine.  Is there some magic formula to making
these two versions work together, or am I stuck at SA 2.20?  The
mimedefang webpage suggests that SA 2.31 should work if SALocalTestOnly
is set to 1, which it is.

I made some modifications to the default mimedefang-filter (Trend
Micro's VirusWall scans our mail before mimedefang sees it.  There's no
point in scanning it again with the same virus engine, so I commented
out that part of the code.)  I don't believe my changes are the source
of the problem since SA 2.20 works with the filter while SA 2.31 does
not.

Where else should I look?

Fred Bacon
Aerodyne Research, Inc.