[Mimedefang] The MIMEDefang HOWTO

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Apr 29 22:08:58 EDT 2002

Hi, Mickey.

It's an excellent HOWTO.  I have a few comments.

Section 4:  Qpopper is pretty specific to your setup.  I use IMAP on
my mail server.  You might want to at least point out this link:

http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/imapd/

That's the Cyrus IMAP server, and it's an industrial-strength solution
for thousands of mailboxes.  You don't need to give detailed HOWTO
instructions, but at least make newbies aware that Qpopper is just one
choice.

Section 5.5.2: The latest mime-tools-patch.txt no longer breaks any of
the regression tests.  The patched MIME-tools should pass all of its tests.

Section 9.1: There's a new "filter_multipart" function (which I don't
think is in 2.8, but will be in 2.9.)  It's a bit hard to explain, but
you can have nested mail messages where the headers for the "container"
disagree with the headers for the "contained".  For example:

--MIME-Boundary-1