[Mimedefang] Compile problems

Andrey V. Pevnev andrey at mgul.ac.ru
Tue Apr 30 03:49:31 EDT 2002

Hello David,

 I   have  litte  problems  compiling  MIMEDefang-2.8  under  FreeBSD
 4.5-RELEASE-p4 (sendmail 8.12.3)

there is configure output:
====
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for nm... /usr/bin/nm
checking for Perl module IO::Socket... ok
checking for Perl module MIME::Tools 5.410 ()... ok
checking for Perl module MIME::WordDecoder... ok
checking for Perl module Digest::SHA1... ok
checking for Perl module Sys::Syslog... ok
checking that MIME-Tools has been patched... no
checking for Perl module Mail::SpamAssassin... ok
checking SpamAssassin version... 2.20
checking for Perl module Anomy::HTMLCleaner... no
checking for Perl module File::Scan... no
checking for getopt.h... no
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -pthread... yes
checking for res_init in -lresolv... no
checking for htons in -lsocket... no
checking for gethostbyname in -lnsl... no
checking for pthread_once in -lpthread... no
checking for libmilter/mfapi.h... /usr/local/include/libmilter/mfapi.h
checking for libmilter.a... /usr/local/lib/libmilter.a
checking for libsmutil.a... /usr/local/lib/libsmutil.a
checking for libsm.a... /usr/local/lib/libsm.a
checking for wvHtml... NOTFOUND
checking for mail... /usr/bin/mail
checking for sendmail... /usr/sbin/sendmail
checking for rm... /bin/rm

checking whether libmilter requires -lsfio... no
checking whether libmilter requires -lsm... yes
checking whether libsm requires -lldap... no
updating cache ./config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating mimedefang.pl
creating word-to-html
creating config.h

*** Virus scanner detection results:
H+BEDV 'antivir'     NO (Disabled by configure command)
NAI    'uvscan'      NO (Disabled by configure command)
Sophos 'sweep'       NO (Disabled by configure command)
AVP    'AvpLinux'    NO (Disabled by configure command)
File::Scan           NO

Could not find any recognized virus scanner... do not use
any of the contains_virus functions in your filter.

Found Mail::SpamAssassin.  You may use spam_assassin_is_spam()

Your version of MIME-Tools does not have the Roaring Penguin
patch applied.

**** WARNING:  WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU USE THE PATCHED
**** VERSION OF MIME-TOOLS TO STOP VIRUSES WHICH PRODUCE
**** MALFORMED MIME.  SEE THE README FILE FOR DETAILS.
====

then I run make:
====
gcc -g -O2 -pthread -DPERL_PATH=\"/usr/bin/perl\"  -DMIMEDEFANG_PL=\"/usr/local/MIMEDefang/bin/mimedefang.pl\"  -DRM=\"/bin/rm\"  -DVERSION=\"2.8\"  -DSPOOLDIR=\"/var/spool/MIMEDefang\"  -DQDIR=\"/var/spool/MIMEDefang\" -I/usr/local/include -c -o mimedefang.o mimedefang.c
gcc -g -O2 -pthread -o mimedefang mimedefang.o /usr/local/lib/libmilter.a /usr/local/lib/libsmutil.a  -lsm
*** Error code 1

Stop in /home/andrey/src/mimedefang-2.8.
/usr/libexec/elf/ld: cannot find -lsm
====

but when I just edited Makefile and change -lsm to
/usr/local/lib/libsm.a  -  it  compiles  without any problems and work
great.

Whould be some changes in configure to fix this little issue?

--
Best regards,
MSFU LAN Admin
 Andrey                            mailto:andrey at mgul.ac.ru