[Mimedefang] Filter timeouts

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Mon Apr 29 16:35:33 EDT 2002

"David F. Skoll" wrote:

> handleSlaveReceivedAnswer(1): Timeout or error: Flag = 2
> Reap: Idle slave 1 (pid 11806) exited normally with status 255 (SLAVE DIED UNEXPECTEDLY)

    Um, no, bit I did a bit of testing, and this is what I came up with.

    With version 2.7-something, I sent myself a 169K plain text file and it came through
within 5 seconds.  Then I installed 2.8 and tried sending the same file again, and it timed
out after 60 seconds.  Installed 2.9-BETA2 and the same thing happened.  From looking at
top, both with 2.8 as well as 2.9, mimedefang.pl pegs the CPU at 99% usage.  With 2.7 it
barely registered any load and the file comes through just fine.  So, something must've
changed.

    Other options that I have (and used in all three versions):

    *** Virus scanner detection results:
    H+BEDV 'antivir'     NO (not found)
    NAI    'uvscan'      NO (not found)
    Sophos 'sweep'       YES - /usr/local/bin/sweep
    AVP    'AvpLinux'    NO (not found)
    File::Scan           YES

    Found Mail::SpamAssassin.  You may use spam_assassin_is_spam()
    Found Anomy::HTMLCleaner.  You may use anomy_clean_html()

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.