[Mimedefang] REVISED: postfix/mimedefang socket

Bill Cole mdlist-20140424 at billmail.scconsult.com
Wed Sep 27 08:52:38 EDT 2017

On 26 Sep 2017, at 23:47, Michael Fox wrote:

> Bill, you and Dianne are both right, depending on the version.
>
> See my previous message.  I provided a diff between v2.78 and v2.79.

That's only in the Debian variant, not Dianne's original code.
Everything in the top-level 'debian' directory of the source package for
Debian (and Debian derivatives like Ubuntu) is created and maintained by
the Debian packager. I tried to figure out where they inserted the bug,
but it seems to have been in a version control gap between 2.75 and 2.78
(or maybe between Debian and Ubuntu???) that I don't understand. It may
simply be that in earlier versions the distribution init scripts'
"restart" command was used directly rather than generating a generic
systemd unit file that synthesizes restart with plain "start" and "stop"
commands.