[Mimedefang] Any Sophie users out there?

Scott Larnach Scott.Larnach at ed.ac.uk
Wed Mar 19 14:11:26 EDT 2014

I find myself in the same boat. Browsing the Sophos web site I find a product called "SAV Dynamic Interface". The documentation suggests it provides a daemon which supports "the Sophie protocol". I'm hoping that means the same interface mimedefang uses to talk to sophie.

I'll hopefully get some time tomorrow to check it out.

Scott Larnach
Edinburgh University

On 19 Mar 2014, at 16:36, Anne Bennett <anne at encs.concordia.ca> wrote:

> Jason Englander responds to my question:
>
>>> I wonder if there are any other Sophie users out there?
>>>
>>> Sophos has announced that they're retiring v4 of "Sophos
>>> Anti-Virus for {Linux,Unix}" this April, and I have no idea
>>> if v9 will be compatible with Sophie (haven't tried it yet),
>
>> I'm the one that submitted a patch to add support for it
>> originally (whoa - 12 years ago...), but I have not used
>> sophie in at least 10 years.
>
> A belated thanks for the patch!  ;-)  What are you using now
> for anti-virus?
>
>> Does not look promising.
>
> No.  :-(
>
> I'll take a look at it, and I'll post here if I come up with
> anything workable, but I wouldn't advise anyone to hold their
> breath...
>

> Anne.
> --
> Ms. Anne Bennett, Senior Sysadmin, ENCS, Concordia University, Montreal H3G 1M8
> anne at encs.concordia.ca                                    +1 514 848-2424 x2285

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.