[Mimedefang] Any Sophie users out there?

Anne Bennett anne at encs.concordia.ca
Wed Mar 19 12:36:10 EDT 2014

Jason Englander responds to my question:

>> I wonder if there are any other Sophie users out there?
>>
>> Sophos has announced that they're retiring v4 of "Sophos
>> Anti-Virus for {Linux,Unix}" this April, and I have no idea
>> if v9 will be compatible with Sophie (haven't tried it yet),

> I'm the one that submitted a patch to add support for it
> originally (whoa - 12 years ago...), but I have not used
> sophie in at least 10 years.

A belated thanks for the patch!  ;-)  What are you using now
for anti-virus?

> Does not look promising.

No.  :-(

I'll take a look at it, and I'll post here if I come up with
anything workable, but I wouldn't advise anyone to hold their
breath...

Anne.
--
Ms. Anne Bennett, Senior Sysadmin, ENCS, Concordia University, Montreal H3G 1M8
anne at encs.concordia.ca                                    +1 514 848-2424 x2285