[Mimedefang] Any Sophie users out there?

Jason Englander jason at englanders.us
Tue Mar 18 15:32:28 EDT 2014

On Tue, 18 Mar 2014, Anne Bennett wrote:

> I wonder if there are any other Sophie users out there?
>
> Sophos has announced that they're retiring v4 of "Sophos
> Anti-Virus for {Linux,Unix}" this April, and I have no idea
> if v9 will be compatible with Sophie (haven't tried it yet),
> but since Sophie has apparently had no development since about
> 2004, I have a Very Bad Feeling about this...
<SNIP>

I'm the one that submitted a patch to add support for it originally (whoa
- 12 years ago...), but I have not used sophie in at least 10 years.  At
one point after www.vanja.com/tools/sophie/ was no longer being updated,
there was a new developer at www.clanfield.info/sophie/, but that is
currently blank.  No change at freecode.com either.

Does not look promising.