[Mimedefang] Little help with no checks for AUTH users on 587

Andrew Watkins andrew at dcs.bbk.ac.uk
Fri Nov 22 10:20:52 EST 2013

But don't you need the "read_commands_file();" before hand or is that
not need any longer?

     read_commands_file();
     if ( defined($SendmailMacros{'auth_type'})) {
         $good = 1;
     }

Cheers,

Andrew

On 11/22/13 14:05, Joseph Brennan wrote:

>> On Thu, 21 Nov 2013, Ben Kamen wrote:
>>
>>> I need a little quick help -- in my mimedefang milter, what can I put in
>>> to bypass checking emails being relayed by my server submitted on 587 by
>>> authorized users??
>

> We have this near the top:
>
>     undef $good;
>
>     # SMTP Authentication
>     if (defined $SendmailMacros{"auth_type"}) {
>         $good = 1;
>     }
>
> And then later for any routine we can test $good. Because of stolen
> (phished) passwords we don't exempt smtp auth mail -- we just treat it a
> little differently. Some checks are skipped and there are special checks
> only for smtp auth mail. (The name $good is therefore rather historical
> in nature! Those were the days.)
>
> Notice that this does not check the port, but only whether SMTP Auth
> succeeded. That's all we require here. I don't know how to test the port.
>
> Notice you must clear $good per message. Since we use it as a
> per-message global we undef it at the top and then define it (or not),
> instead of using my.
>
> Joseph Brennan
> Columbia University IT

Andrew Watkins * Birkbeck, University of London * Computer Science *
* UKOUG Solaris SIG Co-Chair *
http://notallmicrosoft.blogspot.com/