[Mimedefang] Little help with no checks for AUTH users on 587

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Fri Nov 22 13:41:32 EST 2013

Thanks for all the replies...

I don't actually need to worry about "port number" -- 465 or 587... as long as the user has
authenticated, that's what I'm chasing after.

For Steffen,

  I'm looking in /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter and don't see filter_recipient or filter_sender.
(I'm on mimedefang 2.74 as packaged up on EPEL running on CentOS)

So to all (Like Joseph) , it looks like I can add this to filter_end near/at the top -- returning the ACCEPT_AND_NO_MORE_FILTERING as described in the following emails. Yes?

Thanks,

  -Ben