[Mimedefang] sanity Check: MD -> SpamAssassing checks ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Aug 2 10:28:39 EDT 2012

On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 14:56:49 -0500
Ben Kamen <bkamen at benjammin.net> wrote:

> Ok and that's where I get lost in where SA starts and MD ends (blame
> the amount of time it's been since I was last deeply in this which is
> no where as deeply as you or most others on this list - I miss it.
> not sure why, but...)

MIMEDefang integrates with SpamAssassin at the Perl module level.
So it's a bit different from running the command-line spamassassin tool
or the spamd daemon.

I do know that some people interface MIMEDefang with spamd instead of
using the built-in SpamAssassin support, and I believe the spamd
protocol has a way to pass the name of the local user so per-user
config files can be read.  However, I'm not familiar with using
SpamAssassin that way.

> Would adding the "include" directive for additional configs work in
> the MD/SA Master config file? (that would be fine with me too since I
> have a script to scrub addresses from wherever I want.)

I assume so... let us know. :)