[Mimedefang] sanity Check: MD -> SpamAssassing checks ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs

Tilman Schmidt t.schmidt at phoenixsoftware.de
Thu Aug 2 12:00:13 EDT 2012

Am 01.08.2012 21:56, schrieb Ben Kamen:
> On 2012-08-01 7:22 AM, David F. Skoll wrote:
>> On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 01:23:33 -0500
>> Ben Kamen <bkamen at benjammin.net> wrote:
>>> But I don't see any place explicitly calling out
>>> ~dest_user/.spamassassin/userprefs in any form (still looking)
>>
>> You won't see that because it's impossible.  MIMEDefang is a milter;
>> it has no idea whether or not an SMTP recipient is local, remote, an
>> alias, etc.
>
> Ok, so since SA runs under MD and MD doesn't know about local users... I
> follow.

Perhaps it could be taught, though. I guess you could add some
Perl code to the mimedefang-filter script to
- check the domain part of destination addresses whether it is
  delivered locally (eg. by looking it up in local-host-names)
- if so, look up the local part in aliases and/or virtusertable
  to find if it is delivered to a local shell user
- if found, look in that user's home directory for a
  .spamassassin/userprefs file
- if it exists, use it.

--
Tilman Schmidt