[Mimedefang] sanity Check: MD -> SpamAssassing checks ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Wed Aug 1 15:56:49 EDT 2012

On 2012-08-01 7:22 AM, David F. Skoll wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 01:23:33 -0500
> Ben Kamen <bkamen at benjammin.net> wrote:
>
>> But what's weird is that I updated /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
>> with my settings and that seems to be the one in use even
>
> You probably need to do "md-mx-ctrl reread" to have MD notice the changes.

I usually restart MD/Sendmail completely when I make changes to MD.. but no matter, now that I saw what sits in the master .pl file..

>> But I don't see any place explicitly calling out
>> ~dest_user/.spamassassin/userprefs in any form (still looking)
>
> You won't see that because it's impossible.  MIMEDefang is a milter;
> it has no idea whether or not an SMTP recipient is local, remote, an alias, etc.

Ok and that's where I get lost in where SA starts and MD ends (blame the amount of time it's been since I was last deeply in this which is no where as deeply as you or most others on this list - I miss it. not sure why, but...)

Ok, so since SA runs under MD and MD doesn't know about local users... I follow.

Would adding the "include" directive for additional configs work in the MD/SA Master config file? (that would be fine with me too since I have a script to scrub addresses from wherever I want.)

I'm assuming "yes" -- but let me know if not.

Thanks guys,

  -Ben

--
Ben Kamen - O.D.T., S.P.