[Mimedefang] Postfix and Mimedefang

Roman Pretory hostmaster at austrianonlines.com
Sat Apr 7 09:30:17 EDT 2012

> On 2012/04/04 9:01 PM, Kris Deugau wrote:
>> Roman Pretory wrote:
>>> only put following lines in main.cf don't work.
>>>
>>> smtpd_milters = inet:10025 at localhost
>>> milter_default_action = tempfail
>>> milter_protocol = 6

Am 2012-04-05 01:04, schrieb Stefan Schoeman:
> What worked for me under Ubuntu 10.04 was to let Mimedefang run as
> the
> postfix user (change MX_USER=postfix in /etc/default/mimedefang or
> /etc/init.d/mimedefang) and to change ownership on
> /var/spool/MIMEDefang
> to postfix.defang and mode 750. I read somewhere that you should also
> not run postfix in a chroot jail, i.e edit /etc/postfix/master.cf and
> somewhere near the top, make it look as follows: (note the n in the
> chroot column)
>
> #
> # service type  private unpriv  chroot  wakeup  maxproc command +
> args
> #               (yes)   (yes)   (yes)   (never) (100)
> #
> smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
>

> My main.cf then just contained the extra:
>
> smtpd_milters = unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock
>
> although I guess adding the
>
> milter_default_action = tempfail
> milter_protocol = 6
>
> Would be even better (I've never checked what happens if I make a
> typo
> in /etc/mail/mimedefang)
>
> Hope that helps ?
>
> Stefan

Not really :-(

I have now setup a new server, configured out  postfix/dovecot as lda
with sieve that worked ..fine

But whatever I tried now mimedefang don't work.

It seems to be not "called" for action by postfix, not with uxix or
inet, because if mimedefang is stop i get no error.
Filter are default, but this should be not the trouble.

There must be something to put in the master.cf but i could find
anything, anywhere. there is not realy to find docu for this,
only confusing parts of ...

I'm really frustrated in the meentime, because without mimedefang the
complete work with postfix/dovecot config is wast time.

--
Roman