[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.69 - One compile issue - One Modification.

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Jun 17 17:13:29 EDT 2010

- wrote:

> 1) A bug report was already done (last week).  Claus A. addressed it
> on comp.mail.sendmail (on June 6).

freehostent, etc. are deprecated according to "man freehostent" on Debian
Lenny:

"These functions are deprecated (and unavailable in glibc).  Use
 getaddrinfo(3) and getnameinfo(3) instead."

So libmilter should be fixed.  This is not a MIMEDefang problem.

> As MIMEDefang does use other DNS-related calls (e.g. bad-mx, dnsbl
> calls, etc.), it should be including the bind library anyway.

Completely wrong; I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to determine
why.

-- David.