[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.69 - One compile issue - One Modification.

- kd6lvw at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 17 20:43:27 EDT 2010

--- On Thu, 6/17/10, David F. Skoll <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

> > 1) A bug report was already done (last week). Claus A. addressed it
> > on comp.mail.sendmail (on June 6).
>
> freehostent, etc. are deprecated according to "man freehostent" on Debian
> Lenny:
>
> "These functions are deprecated (and unavailable in glibc).  Use
>  getaddrinfo(3) and getnameinfo(3) instead."

More that deprecated.  Actually GONE from glibc - but available in libbind.

> So libmilter should be fixed.  This is not a MIMEDefang problem.
>
> > As MIMEDefang does use other DNS-related calls (e.g. bad-mx, dnsbl
> > calls, etc.), it should be including the bind library
> anyway.
>
> Completely wrong; I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to
> determine why.

I found that you're partially correct here.  It's still needed, but it's something that the linker can do on its own, so you don't have to.  However, the first problem (with libmilter) caused the second one - where I had to manually link the extra library.  Oh well.