[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.69 - One compile issue - One Modification.

- kd6lvw at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 17 17:03:37 EDT 2010

--- On Thu, 6/17/10, David F. Skoll <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:
> Date: Thursday, June 17, 2010, 10:23 AM - wrote:
> > 2) I don't see that as unusual.  On my system, I happen to have the
> > library that has the REAL routine instead of the dummy stub that
> > only performs a return (which is all that the libmilter version does
> > - when the real routine is not present).  Relying on libmilter's
> > hack is the problem.
>
> Nothing in MIMEDefang calls freehostent.  This is an internal milter
> problem; the appropriate place to file a bug is at sendmail.org.

1)  A bug report was already done (last week).  Claus A. addressed it on comp.mail.sendmail (on June 6).

  http://groups.google.com/group/comp.mail.sendmail/browse_thread/thread/9b0f7afd87dbe669#

2)  Using the milter, "-lmilter" does not automatically include "-lbind" which is necessary as the milter library DOES depend on the bind library.  As MIMEDefang does use other DNS-related calls (e.g. bad-mx, dnsbl calls, etc.), it should be including the bind library anyway.

The bug in the milter library only seems to appear when IPv6 support is compiled in - as the code that references the function is only used with IPv6 address lookups.  People running IPv4-only systems won't notice it.