[Mimedefang] SpamAssassin via mimedefang is slow

Dave O'Neill dmo at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Nov 6 16:48:27 EST 2008

Daniel Bourque wrote:

> /usr/bin/spamassassin is just a wrapper around the same perl modules
> used by Mimedefang... so I'm a little puzzled.. As anyone ran into this
> issue before ?

Same modules, but likely a different configuration.  Unless otherwise
specified in your filter, MIMEDefang will check for and use the first
one of:
    /etc/mail/sa-mimedefang.conf
    /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.conf
    /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
    /etc/mail/spamassassin.cf
that it finds.

Try running /usr/bin/spamassassin with the same configuration file as
your MIMEDefang install and see if it's just as slow.

Cheers,
Dave
--
Dave O'Neill <dmo at roaringpenguin.com>    Roaring Penguin Software Inc.