[Mimedefang] Mimederfang not running all Spamassassin tests

Ron Wilhoite ronw at bals.org
Mon Jul 28 12:40:14 EDT 2008

On 07/28/2008 08:57 AM Chris Sanburn wrote:

> I've ran into a curious problem. I'm running the latest Mimedefang and
> Spamassassin 3.2.4
>
> Mimedefang doesn't appear to be running all the tests it should.
>
> I'm not sure where to start looking for problems, anyone have any ideas?

[snipped to avoid the 75% quoting policy]

That looks like two different cf files. Mimedefang looks first for
sa-mimedefang.cf (man mimedefang-filter lists the 4 places it looks) and
spamassassin will use local.cf. spamassassin --lint -D should tell you
which cf files the spamassassin binary is using when being called directly.

On my FreeBSD server I symlink /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
to /usr/local/etc/mimedefang/sa-mimedefang.cf to avoid this.

Ron Wilhoite