[Mimedefang] Mimederfang not running all Spamassassin tests

Chris Sanburn csanburn at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 08:57:26 EDT 2008

I've ran into a curious problem. I'm running the latest Mimedefang and
Spamassassin 3.2.4

Mimedefang doesn't appear to be running all the tests it should.

I'm not sure where to start looking for problems, anyone have any ideas?

Here's an example, one incoming spam scored like this when it came in
and was processed by MimeDefang:

pts rule name              description
2.3 HELO_DYNAMIC_DHCP      Relay HELO'd using suspicious hostname (DHCP)
1.0 HTML_EXTRA_CLOSE       BODY: HTML contains far too many close tags
1.5 RDNS_NONE              Delivered to trusted network by a host with no rDNS

But when I ran it through spamassassin from the command line I get:
(using the command: spamassassin < spam-message.txt)

pts rule name              description
 6.1 BAYES_99               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 99 to
100%  [score: 1.0000]
 1.4 HELO_DYNAMIC_DHCP      Relay HELO'd using suspicious hostname (DHCP)
 0.9 RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL      RBL: SORBS: sent directly from dynamic IP
address [85.106.210.124 listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net]
 0.9 RCVD_IN_PBL            RBL: Received via a relay in Spamhaus
PBL[85.106.210.124 listed in zen.spamhaus.org]
 2.8 HTML_EXTRA_CLOSE       BODY: HTML contains far too many close tags
 1.5 RDNS_DYNAMIC           Delivered to trusted network by host with
dynamic-looking rDNS
 3.2 HDR_ORDER_FTSDMCXX_BAT Header order similar to spam
(FTSDMCXX/boundary variant)