[Mimedefang] Mimederfang not running all Spamassassin tests

Chris Sanburn csanburn at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 15:01:00 EDT 2008

> That looks like two different cf files. Mimedefang looks first for
> sa-mimedefang.cf (man mimedefang-filter lists the 4 places it looks) and
> spamassassin will use local.cf. spamassassin --lint -D should tell youI'd
> which cf files the spamassassin binary is using when being called directly.
>
> On my FreeBSD server I symlink /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
> to /usr/local/etc/mimedefang/sa-mimedefang.cf to avoid this.

Thanks for the tips Ron. I'm certainly in agreement, it seems like
mimedefang isn't using the same configuration. I've got two files,
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf and
/etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf
Using spamassassin -D --lint I see it loads both files. Looking at
/usr/local/bin/mimedefang.pl I see it looks in the following:

/etc/mail/sa-mimedefang.cf
/etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
/etc/mail/spamassassin.cf

It also uses if, elsif so it stops at soon as it finds one,
/etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf, in my case. Local.cf has the
custom scores and rules, sa-mimedefang.cf has the bayes and
whitelisting stuff. But it seems like mimedefang isn't using either.
Is there a debugging mode to use on mimedefang to see exactly which
configuration files it's loading?