[Mimedefang] Re: MIMEDefang Digest, Vol 45, Issue 22

Kees Theunissen theuniss at rijnh.nl
Fri Jun 29 14:32:46 EDT 2007

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> Relegating the rewrite to the MD server seems more efficient.  And I have
> things work using both an LDAP export and a check_against_smtp.

Let me first verify two things.
1) If I understood your original message correctly you are using the
   virtuser table only to convert the domain-part of email addresses
   and you leave the usernames untouched.
2) You have, or can have, all valid exchange addresses available on
   your saendmail server.

> I'm just worried that I didn't need to go to that extreme.  However,
> it sounds like I do.

Things depend on your definition of 'extreme' but if my above two
assumptions are correrct it's not too difficult to do the domain
rewriting and recipient validation directly in sendmail. It can be
done rather strait forward with only the 'ldap_routing' feature - used
with local map/table lookups instead of ldap-queries.

Let me know if your are interested in more details.

Regards,

Kees.

--
Kees Theunissen
F.O.M.-Institute for Plasma Physics Rijnhuizen, Nieuwegein, Netherlands