[Mimedefang] Re: MIMEDefang Digest, Vol 45, Issue 22

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Thu Jun 28 15:50:46 EDT 2007

> Configure the Exchange server with all the needed addresses and domains,
>
> So - why should you rewrite the recipient addresses, instead of forwarding
> them as is?

Exchange is more of a GUI.  Adding several hundred more emails for dozens of
domains can get onerous and is often not done well or kept up to date.
Simple mispellings become a problem.

Relegating the rewrite to the MD server seems more efficient.  And I have
things work using both an LDAP export and a check_against_smtp.

I'm just worried that I didn't need to go to that extreme.  However, it
sounds like I do.

Thanks for the response!

Regards,
KAM