[Mimedefang] Greylisting++

Jeff Rife mimedefang at nabs.net
Tue Jul 10 08:33:49 EDT 2007

On 9 Jul 2007 at 15:40, David F. Skoll wrote:

> So our (post-DATA) greylister takes into account the 4-tuple
> (sender-e-mail, recipient-e-mail, sender-ip, message-subject) for
> greylisting purposes.  Works really well!

I know that legit mailing list software might mutate the "From:"
header.  Is there anything "real" that mutates the subject?

I was thinking of doing this, but that would force me into the post-
DATA greylisting, which I want to avoid, and I'm also worried about it
causing problems, but haven't really done enough thinking to see what
might be an issue.

Previously, we were using things controlled solely by the MTA that
connected (even if that was a bot).  Now, your system relies on
something that is in the hands of the MUA.  I'm sure you've thought
about issues that might come up before you implemented this in your
commercial product...can you share some of those potential problems
with us?

--
Jeff Rife |

http://www.nabs.net/Cartoons/ShermansLagoon/OtherWhiteMeat.jpg