[Mimedefang] Greylisting++

Matt matt at beyondzero.net
Thu Jul 12 10:54:19 EDT 2007

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 01:49:32PM -0400, David F. Skoll wrote:

> We chose Subject: very carefully.  We didn't choose Message-ID because
> some messages don't have a Message-ID.  And we didn't choose body because
> (surprise!) some proprietary e-mail systems (L*t*s N*tes) actually
> mutate the message body on each retransmission.  (Notes seems to store
> the message in some internal format; it regenerates a new MIME message
> each time and mutates the MIME boundaries.)

Bloatus Goats (as we affectionately call it) stores mailboxes as
non-relational "databases" where the messages are stored as RTF files.

This really really makes it a PITA to try and send messages from Goats
to a Bayes learning engine.  So we don't.

Matt

--
PGP RSA Key ID:    0x1F6A4471                      aim: beyondzero123
PGP DH/DSS Key ID: 0xAFF35DF2                yahoo msg: beyondzero123

Damn the rules, it's the feeling that counts.
     -John Coltrane