[Mimedefang] Filtering idea for stock pump&dumps

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Mon Jul 2 13:30:29 EDT 2007

Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> It's an interesting idea but I doubt one can demonstrate access to the
> data. Perhaps if some of the exchanges were willing to cooperate to stop
> the scams...

That's a good point. If the company whose stock is being pumped could be held
liable for the SPAM. Doesn't the CAN-SPAM (in the US anyway) cover for that?

The spammer isn't just guilty, the company represented in the spam is
guilty of spamming too.

I realize the next question is: where is the company based and what are the laws
there, but the exchanges holding the company liable is a great idea. There's a
place where present laws could possibly apply a little pressure.

 -Ben

--
Ben Kamen - O.D.T., S.P.