[Mimedefang] On pinheaded ISP's (sort of OT)

John Rudd john at rudd.cc
Wed Jan 31 17:00:09 EST 2007

John wrote:

> That's why I (at work) have a hot mailserver off to the side to become a
> smart host for AOL mail.  I'll be damned if I'll wait to get out of
> their list if they wish to play them games <G>

Yup, I have a dedicated server that gets all outbound aol, yahoo, or
hotmail traffic.  Hotmail hasn't given me this pain, but yahoo has.
And, as we're all discussing aol definitely does.

And I basically don't try to finesse that server at all.  If aol is
being a pain, and someone complains that "mail to aol is taking a long
time", I basically tell them "that's what you get for talking to aol".

It's not worth our time to try to diagnose nor fix aol's brain damage.