[Mimedefang] On pinheaded ISP's (sort of OT)

John john at jjgb.com
Wed Jan 31 13:53:56 EST 2007

At 11:40 AM 1/31/2007, you wrote:

>On Wed, 31 Jan 2007, Sven Willenberger wrote:
>
> > betty recovered fine from her operation", or holiday photos, or even
> > confirmation of orders the aol user placed being reported. There is no
> > accountibility placed on the AOL users (i.e. a weighting system that
>
>    Tell me about it.  Once had a faculty member put a .forward file in his
>home directory on our email server to forward all UAH email to his AOL
>account (raise your hand if you can already tell where this is going).
>Decides to delete all his email, and apparently the "This is spam" button
>is right next to the "Delete" button so he accidentally reports it all as
>spam.  This causes our email server to get blacklisted from AOL for 24
>hours.  I think he called them to try and explain that it was his mistake
>but we still had to sit out the waiting period.

That's why I (at work) have a hot mailserver off to the side to become a
smart host for AOL mail.  I'll be damned if I'll wait to get out of their
list if they wish to play them games <G>

>Jim McCullars
>University of Alabama in Huntsville

John Jaeger - Billings, Montana

EMail To	: <mailto:john at jjgb.com>
Home Page	: <http://www.jjgb.com>

PGP:
RSA Key ID: 0xAAEC7751  <http://www.jjgb.com/public_files/RSA_Key.zip>

"Our liberty is protected by four boxes...
     The ballot box, the jury box, the soap box, and the cartridge box."
                                    - Anonymous

"Soap Box" didn't work, now using the "Cartridge Box" 3/20/2003