[Mimedefang] On pinheaded ISP's (sort of OT)

Jim McCullars jim at info.uah.edu
Wed Jan 31 13:40:19 EST 2007

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007, Sven Willenberger wrote:

> betty recovered fine from her operation", or holiday photos, or even
> confirmation of orders the aol user placed being reported. There is no
> accountibility placed on the AOL users (i.e. a weighting system that

   Tell me about it.  Once had a faculty member put a .forward file in his
home directory on our email server to forward all UAH email to his AOL
account (raise your hand if you can already tell where this is going).
Decides to delete all his email, and apparently the "This is spam" button
is right next to the "Delete" button so he accidentally reports it all as
spam.  This causes our email server to get blacklisted from AOL for 24
hours.  I think he called them to try and explain that it was his mistake
but we still had to sit out the waiting period.

Jim McCullars
University of Alabama in Huntsville