[Mimedefang] Questions about stream_by_recipient and problems it creates.

Jan-Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 24 15:35:23 EST 2007

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 08:41:58AM -0900, Matthew Schumacher wrote:
> > IMAP customers, but I'm still not entirely sure how to pass a flag
> > to mail.local to _one specific_ recipient from within MIMEDefang.
> > And because of privacy, you can't have a header "this should go into
> > joe's spambox", of course.
>
> We use cyrus, so this would be very easy for us.  Simply write a sieve
> script that would read the SA report header and decide what to do.

I only looked at sieve very briefly, but I don't think it could fetch
data from an external database? You'd either need per-user sieve
scripts (or at least per-profile), to be able to differentiate
between different filtering demands by users.

> >> This is an interesting idea, temp-failing recipients with dissimilar
> >> spam settings, but due to lame email clients, it sounds like it would be
> >> a lot of trouble.
>
> Both the inbound and outbound MTA scan for spam so I currently have the
> users sending though the outbound MTA.

I suppose the outbound MTA has only one spamfiltering setting: the one
you (the administrator) choose. It should not depend on the recipient,
so it's a lot easier to configure.

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
!! Disclamer: The addressee of this email is not the intended recipient. !!