[Mimedefang] Disclaimers

Gary McLean Gary.McLean at instinet.co.uk
Tue Jan 9 11:12:32 EST 2007

Were only as good as the information that were are given :-)

I am in the UK, and as I work in IT, i only add disclaimers if told to by
our compliance department. Also being regulated by the FSA and many other
organisations, its hard to keep track of rules and regulations. Even not
having a 2nd internet connection is breaking FSA rules and can be fined!

Cheers
Gary

             Gordon Henderson
             Sent by:
             mimedefang-bounce                                          To
             s at lists.roaringpe         mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com
             nguin.com                                                  cc

                                                                   Subject
             09/01/2007 15:55          Re: [Mimedefang] Disclaimers

             Please respond to
             mimedefang at lists.
             roaringpenguin.co

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007, Kenneth Porter wrote:

> --On Monday, January 08, 2007 5:16 PM +0000 Gordon Henderson
> <gordon at drogon.net> wrote:
>
>> While disclaimers may well be useless, if you're in the UK then you
might
>> legally need that boilerplate afterall:
>>
>>    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/12/21/new_web_email_regulation/
>
> The article references this email disclaimer advice from a UK law firm:
>
> <http://www.out-law.com/page-5536>

Indeed - but I suspect the reference is generated automatically. My point
wasn't about disclaimers (which I suggested might be useless), but more
about needing to use the boilerplate functions in company email in the UK
*now*.

I'm probably technically breaking the (UK) law by not including my company
details in this email...

Gordon