[Mimedefang] Disclaimers

Gordon Henderson gordon at drogon.net
Tue Jan 9 10:55:45 EST 2007

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007, Kenneth Porter wrote:

> --On Monday, January 08, 2007 5:16 PM +0000 Gordon Henderson
> <gordon at drogon.net> wrote:
>
>> While disclaimers may well be useless, if you're in the UK then you might
>> legally need that boilerplate afterall:
>>
>>    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/12/21/new_web_email_regulation/
>
> The article references this email disclaimer advice from a UK law firm:
>
> <http://www.out-law.com/page-5536>

Indeed - but I suspect the reference is generated automatically. My point
wasn't about disclaimers (which I suggested might be useless), but more
about needing to use the boilerplate functions in company email in the UK
*now*.

I'm probably technically breaking the (UK) law by not including my company
details in this email...

Gordon