[Mimedefang] [ot] Sender Issue with Yahoo Groups

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Wed Sep 27 10:13:55 EDT 2006

> Personally I might try using a DomainKey check to whitelist yahoo groups.
> An example of DomainKey verification with MimeDefang can be seen at
> http://whatever.frukt.org/mimedefangfilter.text.shtml
> (that filter can also verify DKIM, SPF and PGP).

Excellent, thanks!

> How did you whitelist it?

I had whitelisted it as a whitelist_from in SA.  However, it seems I was
tricked by Outlook which used other headers to modify the From address to
say:

From: [the list] on behalf of [the real sender]

So the problem is two-fold.

1 - Whitelisting the group address will not actually whitelist the email at
least for this Yahoo! Group and Outlook tricked me.
2 - Legitimate Yahoo! Group emails are being flagged as SPAM

I'm going to investigate DomainKey support and Jim McCullars just posted a
rule which looks like a great idea as well.

Regards,
KAM