[Mimedefang] [ot] Sender Issue with Yahoo Groups

Jonas Eckerman jonas_lists at frukt.org
Tue Sep 26 16:59:11 EDT 2006

Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> I've just been made aware of a Yahoo Group that is continually getting
> flagged as SPAM.

Personally I might try using a DomainKey check to whitelist yahoo groups. An example of DomainKey verification with MimeDefang can be seen at
http://whatever.frukt.org/mimedefangfilter.text.shtml
(that filter can also verify DKIM, SPF and PGP).

One advantage of doing it in mimedefang-filter is that the filter doesn't even call SpamAssassin for the whitelisted senders.

Please note that the DomainKey, DKIM, SPF and PGP verifications are recent implementations that may well contain bug I haven't spotted yet.

I don't know if the DomainKeys plugin for SpamAssassin does whitelisting (the SPF and DKIM plugins does). If it does it might do what you need.

> When attempting to whitelist it, I noticed that the
> whitelist isn't triggering.

How did you whitelist it?

Regards
/Jonas