[Mimedefang] [ot] Sender Issue with Yahoo Groups

Jim McCullars jim at info.uah.edu
Wed Sep 27 09:55:02 EDT 2006

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> Anyone ever run into this?  I've tweaked the MD filter to send me a copy of
> the email so I can view the complete headers.

   I've noticed the same thing here.  I changed filter_end so that if the
sender ends with returns.groups.yahoo.com and it scores high with SA to
let it pass and add me as a recipient.  Here is the SA ruleset I use to
keep them from getting flagged:

#  Allow Yahoo! Groups email that seem to score high
#
header __UAH_YAHOOGR_1 exists:List-Unsubscribe
header __UAH_YAHOOGR_2 exists:List-Id
header __UAH_YAHOOGR_3 exists:Mailing-List
meta UAH_YAHOOGROUP_SENDER __UAH_YAHOOGR_1 && __UAH_YAHOOGR_2 && __UAH_YAHOOGR_3
 && !FORGED_YAHOO_RCVD
score UAH_YAHOOGROUP_SENDER -20.0

   This has taken care of most of it.  Occasionally a high-scoring email
will show up that was sent by returns.groups.yahoo.com but doesn't have
those headers and I will get a copy of it but those were probably spam
anyway.  HTH...

Jim McCullars
University of Alabama in Huntsville