[Mimedefang] Attention Yahoo subscribers

Kelson kelson at speed.net
Thu Mar 30 12:12:44 EST 2006

David F. Skoll wrote:
> As most of you know, Yahoo and AOL plan to partner with Goodmail to allow
> people to pay to get around their anti-spam filters.
>
> We (Roaring Penguin) obviously won't be paying, so if any Yahoo list members
> have trouble receiving MIMEDefang traffic, please get a Gmail account.

As I understand it, Yahoo is only using GoodMail to certify
transactional mails -- i.e. to identify real mail from your bank vs.
phishing mail, or order confirmations, shipping notices, etc.   So the
lack of a GoodMail seal isn't likely to cause this list any problems.

http://antispam.yahoo.com/faqs#a15

--
Kelson Vibber