[Mimedefang] ANNOUCEMENT: Net::validMX v2.2.0 now available.

Jeff Rife mimedefang at nabs.net
Fri Jun 2 10:51:35 EDT 2006

On 2 Jun 2006 at 9:19, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> > IMO, any domain that publishes *any* bogus MX record should be rejected.
>
> However, it is a constant in the code that can be changed easily and
> v2.3.0 will have the option overridable on a call-by-call basis.  So
> we can agree to disagree and the module will be suitable for either
> point of view.

A "gotcha" on this for MIMEDefang users is that depending on their
config, they need to make sure they call "check_valid_mx" after any
tests at the right place compared to tests for known "good" private IP
blocks.

In other words, if you call:
  check_valid_mx(email=>'test at domain.com',flag_intranets=>'false')

before you check to see if the e-mail is coming from one of your
private IPs, you might flag it as a "bad MX", when in reality a private
IP address for an MX might be OK at that point.

I probably screwed up what I'm trying to explain here, but hopefully
people will get the idea.

--
Jeff Rife |