[Mimedefang] ANNOUCEMENT: Net::validMX v2.2.0 now available.

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Fri Jun 2 11:25:36 EDT 2006

> A "gotcha" on this for MIMEDefang users is that depending on their
> config, they need to make sure they call "check_valid_mx" after any
> tests at the right place compared to tests for known "good" private IP
> blocks.

I consider this already covered by the statement about is_authorized_sender
but I'll clarify the example just minutely.

But as an example, here is is my verbatim is_authorized_sender from one of
my servers:

sub is_authorized_sender {
  my ($sender, $RelayAddr) = @_;

  my ($auth, $popauthdb);
  $auth= 0;

  $popauthdb = &opendb_read($popauthdbfile);

  if ($popauthdb->{$RelayAddr}) {
    $auth++;
  }
  &closedb($popauthdb);

  if ($RelayAddr =~ /^127\.0\.0\.1$/) {
    $auth++;

  }
  if ($RelayAddr =~ /^209\.225\.49\.\d{1,3}$/) {
    $auth++;
  }

  return $auth;
}