[Mimedefang] ANNOUCEMENT: Net::validMX v2.2.0 now available.

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Jun 2 09:44:11 EDT 2006

Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> I *don't* configure things this way from experience years ago but
> the scenario above is right out of manuals for things like SAV SMTP
> by Symantec.

Anything recommendation in a manual by Symantec, I'd consider as
something to avoid.

> It is used by legitimate firms

Lots of legitimate firms have clowns running their IT infrastructure. :-)

> and I've chosen to accept it to prevent collateral damage.

That's fine, but I think it should be configurable.  A CPAN module should
implement mechanism, but leave policy up to the caller.

> However, it is a constant in the code that can be changed easily and
> v2.3.0 will have the option overridable on a call-by-call basis.  So
> we can agree to disagree and the module will be suitable for either
> point of view.

Excellent! :-) Thanks.