[Mimedefang] blocking mail before getting to spamassassin

Dennis Wynne DWYNNE at equinoxis.com
Wed Feb 15 12:16:00 EST 2006

1) Turn on the greet_pause function in sendmail - this will drop a fair
number of spammers. You can bypass this for local or trusted boxes to avoid
the delay.
2) Turn on needmailhelo - this will drop a few more
3) Use RBLs as was mentioned
4) If you have a finite number of users to service (as I do) then configure
your system to only accept mail for these users and reject mail for any
other user name at the RCPT time
5) Use greylist / relaydelay to make them resend the message before you do
any other spam checks on it
6) Then do your other spam checks

Dennis

===== Original Message from mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com at 2/15/06