[Mimedefang] blocking mail before getting to spamassassin

Cormack, Ken Ken.Cormack at roadway.com
Wed Feb 15 13:32:29 EST 2006

Stephen Ford wrote:

:snip:

> I'd like to block some messages at the sendmail level
> since that doesn't use much cpu/memory (I'd think most
> zombie's, ratware, spoofing can be stopped here).

:snip:

If you use a sendmail.mc file from which to build your sendmail.cf, you'll
find Phil McMahon's sendmail excellent LOCAL_RULESETS of great interest.
I've been running a subset of these sendmail rules in one form or another
(in addition to the filtering I do with MIMEDefang), for 5 years.  Some of
the rules are aggressive, so read his cautions carefully.

	http://www.doorbot.com/guides/sendmail/antispam/

Ken