[Mimedefang] MX -> 127.0.0.1

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Tue Sep 13 08:26:36 EDT 2005

mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com wrote on 09/12/2005 05:24:53
PM:

> I'm not arguing it's right or good, I'm simply saying it's commonplace
and
> will cause false positives.
>
> I'm also not sure yet if I would use this to reject or discard emails.
That
> code (based on Joseph Brennan's) is coming later.

Regardless of how you feel about bounce vs drop on spams, this might be
one where rejecting should be done.  This will notify the sending site
that they have hosed DNS entries.  Including a link to a page with
explanation on why their DNS is fubar would be good. (That assumes the
sending host includes the rejection notice.  I've been asked to diagnose
messages that only say that the delivery failed and do not include any
details.  Useless!)