[Mimedefang] MX -> 127.0.0.1

Matthew Schumacher matt.s at aptalaska.net
Mon Sep 12 18:18:41 EDT 2005

David F. Skoll wrote:
> I'm arguing that it's wrong and bad.

I agree!!!

Whenever I see "mail loops back to me (MX problem?)" errors I can't help
but think how clueless the domain administrator is for sending that
domains email to an unknown host that can be different on every network.

If they find email being sent to the 2nd level domain A record due to a
missing mx record then all they need to do is create a mx record, point
it at a mail host, then tell the mail host to reply with a 5xx permanent
error.

Sorry for the rant, but this is one of my pet peeves!!

schu