[Mimedefang] outbound mail copy back to origin sender

Kris Deugau kdeugau at vianet.ca
Mon Oct 24 16:33:30 EDT 2005

Manuel Capellari wrote:

> hi,
>
> i want to send a copy of all of my outgoing mails to the origin sender
> and sort those mails to the users 'Sent' mailbox,

Er...  Wouldn't it be **FAR** easier to just configure client MUAs to Do
The Right Thing and save copies of outgoing mail in the appropriate
folder?

However, assuming that you have reasons to go to this kind of trouble...

> filter_begin ...
>
>         if ($RelayAddr =~ /^192.168/){
>                 action_addheader ("X-Outbound", "True")
>                 add_recipient($Sender);
>         }

Should be fine.

> that works so far, sorting the mail into the mailbox is done by
> procmail, which identifies the sent mail by it's X-Outbound header

OK;  just to get a clear picture, are you using IMAP mail access?

> but i have a the problem that this filter of course only works with
> external mail, the filter can not work with internal mail (eg. userA
> to userB which are both users on my mailserver)
>
> i have no idea how to handle those internal mails, so that i can sort
> them correctly, can anybody give me a hint?

I'm not sure what's going wrong;  are you saying that the code you
pasted above isn't causing the correct behaviour on internal mail vs
internal-to-external mail?  (It should work just fine, FYI.  Outbound
mail from your private subnet is outbound mail from your private subnet,
no matter what the destination.)

-kgd
--
Get your mouse off of there!  You don't know where that email has been!