[Mimedefang] Re: mimedefang error mimedefang.sock unsafe??

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Mar 23 21:25:52 EST 2005

alan premselaar wrote:

> So, to reply to my own post, I've been toying around and determined that
> Embedded Perl appears to be the culprit.

That kind of makes sense.  If the multiplexor is very slow to
initialize, mimedefang waits a bit before entering the main loop.
The code looks like this:

   /* Wait for the multiplexor to come alive */
    mx_alive = 0;
    for (c=0; c<50; c++) {
        if (MXCheckFreeSlaves(MultiplexorSocketName) >= 0) {
            mx_alive = 1;
            break;
        }
        sleep(3);
    }

So if the multiplexor is whacked, it can take up to 50*3 seconds, or
a minute and a half for the mimedefang.sock to be created.

This is probably excessive. :-)  I'm thinking 15 iterations around
a loop with a sleep(1) in it is probably better.