[Mimedefang] Re: mimedefang error mimedefang.sock unsafe??

alan premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Wed Mar 23 21:32:46 EST 2005

David F. Skoll wrote:
> alan premselaar wrote:
>
>> So, to reply to my own post, I've been toying around and determined
>> that Embedded Perl appears to be the culprit.
>

> That kind of makes sense.  If the multiplexor is very slow to
> initialize, mimedefang waits a bit before entering the main loop.
> The code looks like this:

[...snip...]

> So if the multiplexor is whacked, it can take up to 50*3 seconds, or
> a minute and a half for the mimedefang.sock to be created.
>
> This is probably excessive. :-)  I'm thinking 15 iterations around
> a loop with a sleep(1) in it is probably better.
>
> Regards,
>
> David.

David,

  the multiplexor appears to be alive however. (as far as I can tell)
... the socket is created and it's in the process list.  do you have any
idea what might cause it to be so slow (somewhat suddenly) ?

I also noticed that mimedefang.pl -features hangs as well. I've narrowed
this down to *something* in my filter.  Although I haven't figured out
what yet, and nothing in the filter has changed during the period of
time where everything was working as expected and it stopped working.

I'm stumped.

Alan