[Mimedefang] Anti-virus software

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Thu Mar 3 08:34:36 EST 2005

mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com wrote on 03/02/2005 04:35:10
PM:

> I understand that, of course. My only concern is that, if I am away for
> few weeks, my old AVP kept running, and that the ClamAV updater will
> refuse to update files for those weeks, just because I was not near the
> console to upgrade. I'd rather it just updated the database anyway, with
> warning if need be, but not refuse service, and then wait for me to come
> home. But maybe it already does that, and I misunderstood the process.
:)

I know that they log warings if you are running an out of date version,
but the only time I am ceratin they cut old versions off was when they
went to the new model of checking for updates via DNS TXT records instead
of HTTP connections.  They let it slide for a while, then announced a
cutoff date after which old clients would be refused to force the issue.
One of the big commercial vendors recently did the same thing, I forget
which one.